RAJAGIRINBQ 2019 – RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Preliminaries – Online and Offline
- There are 2 modes of entry for both Corporate and Student teams:
Mode 1: Online Prelims 2019 (October 26, November 2 and November 5, 2019)
Mode 2: Offline prelims 2019 (November 23, 2019 at Rajagiri Valley campus)
- Each team will consist of two participants. The participants should be from the same organization/ institution. Cross teams will strictly not be permitted.
- Team composition cannot be changed after the preliminary rounds.
- Teams will have to register to participate for both online and offline preliminaries.
- Participation in online prelims is free.
- A minimal registration fee will be charged for teams participating in the offline prelims. The fees are as below:
- Corporate category – Rs.500/ team
- Student category – Rs.200/ team
- Each team is allowed to participate in one or all the three online prelims with the understanding that the best score will be considered for the screening. The 3 online prelims are independent of each other and aggregate scores will not be considered.
- In each round of the online prelims, only one submission per team will be allowed. Multiple logins, entries and submissions will lead to disqualification of the team.
- Teams which have not qualified in any of the Online Prelims can make another attempt by attending the Offline Prelims to be held in the Rajagiri Valley Campus on November 23th. This will be the final mode of entry into the Semi-Finals.
- Teams qualifying in the online prelims and offline Prelims will compete in the Semi-Finals to be held on November 23th at the Rajagiri Campus.
- Semi-final rounds for Corporate and Student categories will be held separately.
- Each semi-final round will feature 8 teams which have qualified from the preliminaries. The number of teams to be selected from the various preliminaries are as below:
- Corporate team – Five teams will be selected from the three online prelims and three teams from the offline prelim.
- Student team – Five teams will be selected from the three online prelims and three teams from the offline prelim.
- 3 best teams out of the 8 semi-final teams will move into the Grand Finale of the Rajagiri NBQ 2019.
- Grand Finale
- The Grand Finale will feature 3 top teams from each category.
- The prize money will be separate for each category.
- The winning team in each category will win Rs. 100,000/- as cash prize.
- The First Runner Up team in each category will win Rs. 50,000/- as cash prize.
- The Second Runner Up team in each Category will win Rs. 15,000/- as cash prize
In case of an unforeseen emergency that results in the inability of a team which has qualified from the online prelim to participate, the following rules shall apply:
- If the Rajagiri NBQ 2019 Organizing team is informed of the qualifying team’s inability to be present for the semi-finals on November 23, 2019 at least 3 days before the event or prior, the next team with the best qualifying score from the online preliminaries will be invited. Such successive invitations will continue till team number 10 on the list. If the 10th team on the Top Ten scorers list of the online preliminaries also declines participation due to valid reasons, then the slot shall be opened to accommodate a team from the offline preliminary round that will be conducted on the campus.
- If the Rajagiri NBQ 2019 Organizing team is not informed of the qualifying team’s inability to be present for the semi-finals on November 23th, 2019 at least 3 days before the event, the vacant slot will be opened to accommodate a team from the offline preliminary round that will be conducted on the campus.
- General Rules & Regulations
- Corporate Category – The competition is open to all corporate organizations/ companies, financial institutions, public sector undertakings, media companies, NGO’s etc.
- Student category – The competition is open to full-time students from educational institutions and universities, except school students up to class XII.
- Participants of the qualifying teams for the semi-finals will have to produce their valid, original and current photo (employment/ institutional) ID proof showing their organizational/ institutional affiliation at the venue. Other photo ids like PAN card, Voter Id, Aadhaar card etc. are not considered valid for the verification/ authentication purpose of this quiz. Additional documents have to be produced to the satisfaction of the Organizers in case the Organizers are not satisfied with the validity of the ID cards.
Students who wish to participate in the Offline Prelims of RajagiriNBQ-2019 should produce a Bonafide certificate. CLICK HERE to download the format of the Bonafide Certificate. Please fill up the format on your institution letterhead. The names of both the participating team members must be cited in the certificate and duly signed and sealed by the institution head/ head of department.
- By registering for the event, you indicate your acceptance that the organizing team of RajagiriNBQ can send you communication from time to time regarding RajagiriNBQ or any other initiatives by the organisers.
- The Organizing team reserves the right to accept or reject any application to registration or entry to the Quiz.
- By registering for the event/ participating in the Quiz, please be informed that you convey your acceptance to be photographed, videographed and/or recorded by electronic/print/digital media for telecast / publication and/or other display usage of the organisers.
- Prizes once awarded will be final and there would be no exchange/substitution of the prizes.
- Any tax liabilities on the prize money (wherever applicable) will be the responsibility of the recipients of the prizes.
- The decision of the Rajagiri NBQ 2019 Organizing team and quizmaster will be final and binding on all issues related to RajagiriNBQ and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- The Rajagiri NBQ 2019 Organizing team has the right to amend any rules of the contest at any time without any notice.
- The Rajagiri NBQ 2019 Organizing team and the Quiz Master will have the final say regarding all matters of the quiz.
RAJAGIRI NBQ 2019 WISHES ALL THE TEAMS AN EXCITING CHALLENGE.
MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN!